NOTICE: Thank you for your interest in the CARES Act Osceola County Emergency Economic Relief Grant Program. At this time, we are pausing the application period in order to process the applications already received. We will reopen the program and resume accepting new applications on Tuesday, September 1st. Please visit www.weveopenedsafely.com/grant regularly for updates about this program. You can also learn more about this program by checking out our FAQs at www.weveopenedsafely.com/grant-program-faq.
For information related to home rental/mortgage financial assistance please visit https://housing.osceola.org for more information.
Understanding the impacts of COVID-19 on our economy, particularly on small businesses, Osceola County is allocating funding received through the CARES Act towards an emergency grant program for locally owned and independently operated small businesses within the county that have been negatively impacted by the current COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
This one-time grant will provide critical support to help offset a portion of lost revenue during this global pandemic, as well as, costs incurred in resuming operations while ensuring guest and staff safety. Eligible businesses may receive emergency funding on a reimbursement basis, based on the following tiers:
- Up to $2,500 for home based businesses, and businesses with one (1) employee
- Up to $5,000 for all businesses with 2-25 employees
- Up to $10,000 for businesses with 26 or more employees
Applications under this program will be processed in the order they are received while funds last. Priority in processing and/or disbursement may be given to owners that have not received Federal and/or State dollars in support of these initiatives and to owners that are also Osceola County residents.
This is a grant, not a loan, therefore repayment is not required unless funds are not used for eligible expenses. These grants may be considered taxable income, so please contact your financial advisor for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can This Grant Be Used?
To receive funding through this program, applicants must provide evidence of eligible expenses incurred during the period of February 1st and May 31st 2020, with the corresponding evidence of payment in order to apply for reimbursement. Eligible uses include the following:
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments
- Investments in materials or equipment necessary for reopening or operating during social distancing mandates such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), barriers, etc..
Funds may not be utilized to pay bonuses, commissions, dividends or salary increases to owner(s) or investor(s).
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the below criteria:
- Locally owned and independently operated, including Non-profit entities and Home-based businesses physically located in Osceola County, including businesses within city limits of Kissimmee and St. Cloud.
- Independently owned and operated franchises (not corporate owned stores) are eligible.
- Business must be at least 51% owned by a Florida resident in accordance with CARES Act guidelines.
- Priority will be given to businesses that did not receive PPP or other emergency funding or loans. However, receiving PPP or other loans does not disqualify applicants.
- Owners with multiple businesses may only apply for a maximum of one
- Home based businesses (including multiple short term rental units) may only apply for one
- Applicants must complete the Economic Damage Assessment Survey (https://floridadisaster.biz/businessdamageassessments)
- Applicants must register the business through We’ve Opened Safely website (https://www.weveopenedsafely.com/), and commit to adhere to safety best practices.
- Applicants must be current on all County taxes, assessments and fees;
- Applicants must have no outstanding Code Enforcement violations.
What do we need to apply?
Business applications must include the following documentation:
- Completed Application Form;
- Current Osceola County’s Business Tax Receipt;
- State of Florida business registration from the Florida Division of Corporation (sunbiz.org) noting an “ACTIVE” status;
- Current W-9;
- Business W-3 or IRS 941 form to support number of employees;
- Previous year’s IRS 8829 form (applies only to home-based businesses that are requesting reimbursement for mortgage, rent and/or utility payment
- Supporting documentation for the expenses incurred (invoices) and proof of payment;
- The business must have been determined non-essential by Florida Governor’s Executive Order or provide a statement regarding how Covid-19 negatively impacted the businesses revenue/operations;
- Documentation regarding other Federal and/or State funds received and proof that submitted expenses were not paid via these funds; and
- Any other documentation deemed necessary by Osceola County to support the application for assistance through the Emergency Economic Relief Grant Program.
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- Monday, June 29, 2020, 8:00 AM: Updated application process begins.
- Applications and all supporting documentation shall be submitted and uploaded via the County’s weveopenedsafely.com website.
- Applications will be reviewed for completeness by staff as they are received.
- Eligible businesses will be notified via email, confirming receipt of the application and all supporting documents, and whether or not the application is considered complete.
- If the application is not completed in its entirety and/or documentation is missing, staff will notify the applicant via email, and application will not processed until such time as it is completed.
- Friday, July 31st at 5:00 PM: Application deadline with all supporting documents.
- Applicants will be notified of grant approval status via email no later than Monday, August 10th.
- Funds will be disbursed upon approval. The County reserves the right to disburse funds after August 10th to owners that have received Federal and/or State dollars in support of these initiatives.
- For questions, email to email@example.com
Si tiene alguna pregunta, o necesita asistencia en espanol, envienos un correo electronico a firstname.lastname@example.org